“This opportunity has been one of the best experiences of my life. I have always wanted to play and practice volleyball at a high level and this has been all that and so much more. The coaches, teachers and everyone have been so great and I am having so much fun. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity you have provided me with.“
Sasha, current 16U student-athlete
Congratulations to the Inaugural Sport School Team's 1st place finish at the Vancouver Division 1 Super Series!
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Want to train full time with professional coaches and like minded athletes
- Want to participate and excel at multiple sports
- Rural athletes:
- who may not have access to a high performance club team (some athletes do not have access to a team at all)
- who have to drive long distances in winter conditions
- who do not have access to strength coaches
- Do not have access to a quality high school team
- Want private training
- From colder winter cities who want to take advantage of beach volleyball training outdoors (3 month school season April-June)
- Want an academic environment that prepares them for post-secondary education
- Have aspirations to play College/University
- Would like to earn credits for their training
- Want a cross training experiences on Vancouver Island (the recreation opportunities are endless)
Choose the pro, that the pros chose!
The majority of Canadian athletes rely on volunteers for their development. SPVS provides top level coaches in a training environment similar to a University setting.
Staff led by Head Coach Jesse Knight of Abstract Volleyball has coached every level of the sport in the world. Europe professional, International for Team Canada, NCAA, USports and more. But most importantly due to his relentless innovation and learning he has proven to provide skill and tactical results. Multiple University teams and international athletes such as Sarah Chase , have benefited from this development program.
How it Works
Operates in partnership with School District 71 and 72. Student athletes on a high performance pathway in grades 9-12 will have an opportunity to balance their academic course load, volleyball training, strength and conditioning in a structured, yet flexible environment.
Train with athletes from all over Canada and the world, in a professional training environment
Optional recreation activities that few places in the world can provide. The Comox Valley boasts a warm climate and is minutes from the pacific ocean, Strathcona mountain range, 100's of lakes, rivers, trails and more.
2nd Semester athletes we will find you a club team to play on. (Our partners are Wave Volleyball Club, Crush Volleyball Club and Strikers Volleyball Club)
Student-athletes receive course credit for their training hours.
© Copyright Strathcona Prep